Monday, August 30, 2010

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

9 days ago we were in Utah for John, Michele, and Tiffany to run in the Hobblecreek Half Marathon. Landon and I came to play with the kids and cheer in our runners.

(I am a slacker when it comes to running - I'm sticking to my 1 hr work outs thank you)


Tiffany came in strong . . . (in fact she is going to run in a full marathon next month)

Michele came across the finish line with a smile on her face. She told me later the first 8 miles she was thinking it was the funnest thing she had ever done in her life - after mile 8 her opinion changed a bit.

John's my hero. He can do a LOT of things I can't do - this is just one of them. He pushed himself hard and did it (even when he had the occasional last minute second thoughts about this whole thing - he hung in there and did it). I'm proud of you - you'll never see me out there running for 13+ miles.

Here's our runners - happy to be finished!

I am proud of all of them. While I was visiting Tiffany in Chicago she was getting up at 5 am to get her running in before the heat - and Michele - with 2 kids under age 2 - I don't know how she managed to train at all. Not to mention John fitting yet another thing into an already over loaded schedule. It was quite extraordinary that they all did what they did.

As for me - I will never hear people cheering for me, yelling at me "Good Job! Finish strong", no clapping as I cross the finish line.


but the marathon was a great excuse to get together with the kids and grandkids. And when we left to go home Naomi cried -HARD - I mean really sad and distraught that we were leaving.
That's enough for me :)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

They are all amazing in the running department. I am cheering for you in all you do. You are amazing too. You don't have to break through a tape to be a winner. How cute the kids are. I love your larger photos, they are wonderful!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

WOW these are AMAZING PEOPLE!!! TOTALLY INCREDIBLE! :) I too will never ever hear anyone cheering me on after running a marathon, nope! BUT YEAH for the ones that do. It's amazing what the body can do with the proper training. Plus like you said how fun to be there & hang out with the babies! :):) GOOD STUFF FAYE!

Michele said...

Naomi did cry so hard when you left. That was heartbreaking. She has never done that before. So glad you came. Can you imagine John having to take care of all three of us gimps and the three kids all alone?? Me either. Thanks for everything you did that weekend. Miss you guys.