Sunday, September 05, 2010

Thank you all so much!

The summer is now really over and Landon and I wanted to thank you all again for your generous support of Landon's Eagle Project.

It was a wonderful success and nothing says it more than these pictures from Ethiopia:


Michele had an incredible experience on her trip and each day spent at a different orphanage was a memorable experience. Michele had enough toys to give to ALL of the children they saw in all the orphanages during their 8 days in Ethiopia. We could have never accomplished that without all of you - thank you all so much.


All of the children were thrilled with their new toys and clothes.


Aren't these children absolutely adorable!

They got lots of love and affection . . .

along with the toys, clothes, and food that was brought in. Their group was also able to make some much needed permanent improvements at each orphanage.





Absolutely thrilled would be a better way to describe these girls.

Michele said this little girl just squeezed her dolls tight all day with this huge smile. I just wanted all of you to see what sheer joy looks like . . .

Thanks for all you did to help us to be able to make this happen. It was a wonderful experience for all of us - your support was overwhelming. After 200 lbs of toys made it to Ethiopia we still had 11 boxes of toys that a Children's Shelter in Oakland was thrilled to receive.

I was hoping that Landon would have an Eagle Project that felt meaningful to him - and we certainly achieved that. I am so grateful to all of you.

THANK YOU each and every one of you!

5 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

My niece just got back from Haiti a week ago. She went with her husband to do much the same thing Michelle did. I'm grateful for these people who do this kind of humanitarian work. I'm not sure I could.

Michele said...

Great post mom. I wish these pictures could tell the real story about what a life changing experience it was for these kids to get love and attention and have something to hold and call their own for the first time. These kids look happy, but in real life these kids were thrilled, joyful, and most of all, grateful. Thank you for doing this. I'm so glad I got to play a small part.

Bonnie said...

This is just so beautiful. What a wonderful opportunity to see real kids experiencing this wonderful gift. Great job, congrats to all of you! The kids are just adorable!

robyne said...

I am finally catching up on everyones blogs....Loved your Chicago posts, makes me want to go back again!! I loved the 1/2 marathon post, I am just so proud of John and the girls, but mostly John, he amazes me! Mostly I love all the pics of the grandkids! They are so adorable! They are lucky to have such a wonderful Grandma, you amaze me Faye, someday when I grow up to be a grandma, I want to be just like you!! Love You

beth said...

oh wow. how rewarding. i love seeing the beanie babies going to a good home! we had so much fun collecting toys for this! and we are enjoying the legos here;)