Monday, September 27, 2010

The Mississippi River


Paul arranged for us to take a little scenic cruise down the Mississippi River. We were right at the mouth of where the river starts - so it was smaller than I would have imagined - bt very pretty and we couldn't have gotten any luckier for great weather.
The river along downtown Minneapolis -


We had to go thru the locks to go up the river. We dropped down about 20 feet or so. It was amazing that they could control all that water - here's how it looked as we just started to go down.

Paul, Summer, Alex and Avery


What a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

love all the pics mom! I'm jealous that I am pretty much the only family member that has never been to mall of america! it sounds awesome! I wish I could have seen the kids going on all those rides...I bet it was entertaining!
And Summer, you look freaking skinny in this picture on the boat!

Caroline Craven said...

What a beautiful place. My brother served his mission there and absolutely loved it (of course). Don't know if I could do winters there though.