Sunday, September 26, 2010

at the Zoo with our grandkids . . .


I don't know why I have such a hard time after a trip to "catch up" when I get home and get the trip blogged. We had such a blast in Minneapolis visiting Summer, Paul, and our 3 grandkids there. They were so funny - I decided I'd share a few funny things from each day . . .
First a disclaimer - it may appear from these blog posts that Alex is the "favorite" since she is in most of the photos. Well - the real reason is that she loves it when I take her picture :)
Noah and Avery are - shall we say - less cooperative so rather than bug them on this trip I had to settle for only a few photos I managed to trick them into -

So our first day in Minneapolis we took the kids to a really cute zoo. They all loved it. Noah amazed his with his knowledge of wildlife - "That's a green anaconda! They spend most of their time underwater." We checked the zoo sign - sure enough - he was exactly right.

Alex loves everyone and everything - can you tell? She is so cute!


Training Fish - When the kids put their hands in the water the fish would swim right up to them (looking for food I'm sure). The kids had it figured another way - they decided they were "training fish" and when they wiggled their fingers in the water they would "train" the fish to swim to them. Here's the worlds future fish trainers:



This was a beautiful atrium with a gorgeous garden, fountains, and a life size statue at the end of the fountains . . . .

Alex asked me to read the plaque that was next to this life size statue.
I said it says "Jane Kilpatrick 1925 'Playing in the Summertime' "
Alex asked - "What does that mean?"
Faye - "It means a lady made this sculpture a long time ago"
Alex - pondering - "Yeah, but how'd she turn her self into a statue?"

The kids said FUNNY stuff like that constantly - it was hilarious!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

love all the pics and hilarious stories! Glad you guys had such a great time! :)