Monday, March 15, 2010

The Airport

Saturday morning - February 20th was the BIG DAY. We loaded up everyone that was here and headed into the San Francisco Airport to meet Tanner as he returned from his mission in Mexico City. We were all so excited.
We got to the airport early - and then Tanner's flight was delayed a little so we had to wait quite a while - the anticipation just kept building and building. I don't know when I've ever felt so excited!!!! Even Madden got caught up in the excitement.


We could see people on a TV monitor as they came out of customs. The suspense!!!!! Finally we saw Tanner and I had timed the last 20 people coming out of customs and knew I would see him face to face in about 12 seconds!!!

Then the moment arrived!!!! I was so HAPPY to have my arms around Tanner again - it was an incredible reunion - that just kept going . . . .


and going . . .

and going . . .

and going . . .

and going . . . until he had hugged everyone and met his new niece and nephew.

Tanner looked great!!!

We were so happy to have him back with us. Euphoria doesn't even begin to describe my emotions.
Here we all are - incredibly happy! Words simply can't describe it all so this will have to suffice. More than awesome!


2 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

There is something about moms seeing their missionaries for the first time in two years that always makes me cry. We've seen that a few times when we've been to the airport here and I always cry when I see the moms cry, it's worse when it's someone you know, even in pictures! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. That must have been great having them all together. I heard Tanner's report was so good, that he was a great missionary. Congrats on getting him on a mission and back home safely!!!

CA Poppy said...

We are excited to see pictures of your reunion. Congraulations on Tanner's return, and the family reunion. You have a great family, and we are blessed to know you and share in your joy. Thank you for all your generosity, kindness and love.

We miss you, but will see you again soon (October).