Monday, March 15, 2010

Reunion Week #2 Continues . . .


Tanner spoke in our Ward the Sunday we were all here together - and I saw this as possibly my sole opportunity to get a complete family picture. I'm glad I did. Thanks Jenni!!!


I can't get enough of Avery's adorable smile.

The next day we were in Carmel (we REALLY needed to get out of our cramped quarters here)
more room for more playing here. This is ALL the kids taking down Tanner.


We spent our 1st day driving down the beautiful California coast.

Tiff and Randy near Big Sur
Lots of gorgeous scenery.

Then Paul found us a secluded beach to hike into and explore.

It was a GIANT photo op!


Summer & Paul's family


Tiffany & Randy's family

Michele & John's family


Me, John and our kids - how can they all be this old?

Nobody loves the beach as much as this kid -

goofing off

The Sisters . . .

ALL OF US -


This was one of the highlights of the whole trip for me - just a great time at a beautiful place.


The next day we took everyone to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.



Noah is obsessed with sea life and is so smart - it's like having your own personal marine biologist showing you around and telling you what everything is. I can't believe all the stuff he know and how he can identify every type of shark and type of whale. He loved it there.

They all did.

Then it was time to head back home again - we had one last thing on our agenda. Taking all the adults out to diner in the City (and leaving the kids - all 6 of them at home with babysitters).

I have no pictures to share - but the food was pretty memorable and it was fun to visit with just the grown ups. It was a nice way to end what for us was 13 days of fun. Thursday morning brought goodybyes, several runs to the airport, some tears, and a request from Noah to come to see him for St Patrick's Day (if only). It's nice to be wanted and loved. I can't complain - John tells me if it's hard to say goodbye it's the sign of a successful reunion. I was sad to see everyone leave - but VERY grateful that everyone did all that they did to travel long distances and make a lot of sacrifices to make this family reunion all possible. Thanks everyone!!!
I'm now brainstorming for the next one.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

It's so fun to see the people I grew up with and their families now. The last 15 years sure have flown by. I love all of the family photos and your grandkids are so cute!

Liz said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Happy to see you got a few family photos!

Michele said...

keep brainstorming mom. we cant wait to do this again. it was a blast and totally worth all the effort. we miss you guys already and boss has not stopped talking about bumpa, ma ma, tanna, and yanon. and the wogger and woks. did you catch all that??

Bonnie said...

Faye this is phenomenal. A wonderful accounting of a great reunion. The family photos is amazing!

I wasn't too sure what the problem was with the postings but if you go to the editing page of your post and click on options you can manipulate your dates so things come up on the exact day and way you want them too.

I did my whole Italy blog which you can see on my sidebar under Prego Prego by manipulating the date to make it read like a book (oldest to newest post) the opposite of how the posts stack on a blog normally.

I don't know if I have explained this well or if this is even what the problem was but I know I have loved knowing how to place the posts in the order I actually want them to tell a story. If I can explain it better in person...let me know. I'll be home from Utah on Saturday night.

You have such a beautiful family, your joy is apparent!

Love you...Bon