Thursday, January 17, 2008

Landon can't be black....

Landon must have thought me and Tanner and Dad are cool and answered the quiz the way he thought we would have, because there is no way he is Black! I'm kidding, but he should re take the test. Mom is totally blue... Summer, it's your turn. Are you black like the other cool Hunts?

Also, an update... looks like we are definitely making it to the induction date of next wednesday. The Dr. is going out of town until then, so this baby better not decide to come now! He thinks he is probably around 7.5 lbs. But who the hell really knows... didn't Summers Dr. say that about Noah and then he was 9.2! I hope he is right. I had my final weigh in, and my total weight gain is 29 lbs. But that doesn't include the IVF weight gain. Maybe I'll start training for a marathon with Tiff if it helps me lose 20 lbs!

We got our Flip Video yesterday. I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to take videos of the baby and put them on the blog so you all can see him. We are thinking we will borrow someones lap top (Johns is still broken from our honeymoon 2 1/2 years ago) so we can send you all photos and videos from the hospital so you don't have to wait 2 days to see what he looks like. At least he will only be 3 1/2 weeks when most of you are here to be at the blessing and MTC. I was talking to a lady in the waiting room at the Dr today who had a 4 week old baby girl. I can't believe I'm going to have one of those so soon. She was so tiny.

I have been having nightmares lately that this baby is born with my ears. Everyone pray for him that he isn't. That would be so unfair. I also have been having nightmares about germs and my 15 nieces and nephews that are going to want to hold him and touch him, and I can't handle it, so you all better stay healthy if you want to touch my baby. I'm kidding, but not really.

Maybe my "intimidating" Black personality will make sick people want to stay away.

6 comments:

John said...

Sheli-
What if your BLACK personality tries to intimidate my BLACK personality? Hmmmm, now I can see why you didn't like me when you were a teenager.

I don't care about all the nieces and nephews, but please let me hold your baby when I see him....and please bless him on the 17th....in your home if we have to.

Michele said...

we are planning on the 17th still. did you think we weren't? do you think your dad will come? i will let you hold him, but probably not all the snotty kids. they are banned. oh, and i never didnt like you when i was a teenager, but our black personalities are probably the reason for all our interesting father daughter "discussions" during those years.

John said...

Agreed

Tanner said...

Shel, mom and I got the Flip Video yesterday too. It’ll be way fun to use on the mish, I just got to be careful not to get that shiz stolen. I got a 30 min one, is that the one you got, or a 60 min? It’s the coolest little thing ever! Landon and I are going bouldering tomorrow. I’ll be sure and make videos of our climbs and post them on the blog. All you other sisters should get this thing, it’s sweet!

Tanner said...

check it out:
http://www.theflip.com/

Tiffany said...

what the hell is a flip video?
oh yeah, and Shel, you should train for a marathon with me! Or at least a half! That would be so fun! : )