Saturday, January 19, 2008

Home Improvement

It's funny the things that excite you when you are a home owner. In our last house, it was brand new, so we didn't change or update much while we lived there, but this one has lots of things we have really wanted to fix. It began with wanting a new faucet. Ours had no sprayer, so doing dishes was really annoying. Then, when we went to pick one out, John didn't think the ones I liked went with our ugly stainless steel sink. We hate the sink. We have always hated the sink. So we bought a new one.
In an effort to keep track of our minor renovations and projects, I have been taking before and after pictures. John ripped the old sink out so fast, I couldn't do it, but here it is on the floor. It was so gross.
The disaster that was our kitchen, when our little project turned into a 2 day ordeal. After the first sink from Lowes was off balance, and having to pick out a different one, then breaking the copper on one of the plumbing parts of the new faucet and having to buy ANOTHER one... the project we started at 3pm on friday, got done at 11am on saturday.
But the result, totally worth it. It's gorgeous, clean, I LOVE the faucet, and I want a baby to bathe in it!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Nice work guys - I love bathing my babies in the sink. None of this baby bathtub crap for us. My kids hate those things and LOVE the sink : )