Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thanks Dad!


We were able to attend the final session of conference today. We always love going. I was planning to take some pictures but we were in a hurry on the way in because parking was a nightmare, and on the way out, we were rushing to get home because a pregnant woman can't hold her bladder for very long! John thinks I'm a baby...
Anyway, we wanted to say thanks to dad for giving us tickets. There is nothing like when the Prophet enters the room and everyone stands. We wish you all could have been there. Of all the talks I think Pres Eyrings was my favorite, about recognizing the blessings from the Lord. I realized that one of our blessings is dad being the stake president. Not only because we get tickets to conference, but because I believe we get blessings as his kids, for the service he provides. Also, Sister Becks talk was wonderful. I couldn't help but think I am so lucky to have a "mother who knows." We love you both. Oh, and dad, we were wondering which credit card we could charge our sunday brunch on? : ) Ha Ha! We LOVE you!

2 comments:

John said...

Sheli, John and baby boy-
Glad you were able to attend conference. Elder Eyring's talk was our favorite as well. His remarks sort of set the tone for the entire session. I am very impressed with Sister Beck, I also heard her address at the General Relief Society Broadcast a week ago, I love the way she she teaches so clearly and unapologetic. General Conference comes one month before our stake conference every six months, it's a great way for me to prepare for our conference. You are probably aware that the Hutchins moved to Alamo, and Scott Bevan has been called as my new second counselor.
We love you and miss you, looking forward to spending time together next month.
-Dad

Tanner said...

Nice picture 0f the conference center Michelle! I wish I could have been up there with you guys. It would have been my last chance to see conference before I enter the mission field. I loved Elder Bednar's talk about the differences between having clean hands and having a pure heart. Sister Beck's I also loved and I was thinking of you the whole time, I'm so excited for you and John. I look forward to seeing you guys, I want to come up and visit some time before thanksgiving. Lets set something up!
Love Tanner