Sunday, September 23, 2007

22 weeks! (but who is counting?)

So we had our 20 week ultrasound. He is beautiful and weighs 1 lb 1 oz. He looks very healthy and is growing right on schedule. He moved his eyes and mouth during the ultrasound, it was crazy. He moves so much and now I can feel him almost constantly. I have gotten much bigger over the last 2 weeks, I think he had a growth spurt, or I am just eating too much. Either way, I'm starting to really show and John loves it... he says my belly doesn't even look real. When the baby kicks or punches hard John can feel it so exciting, it makes the pregnancy seem like it is finally real. I spend a lot of time in the nursery these days. We ordered a glider and I can't wait for it to get here so we can put it in there and I can sit in it and wait for him : ) I still have mixed feelings about whether or not I want to be pregnant forever or if I just want him out... though the bigger I get and more uncomfortable it becomes, the more I want him here. I can't wait to see his little face. It is the strangest feeling all the sudden to imagine him being out of my body and in my arms. The last week I have been feeling different about him... like he is real and I actually love him like a mother loves her baby, and I think about who he is and where he is coming from and how he is half of John and me and I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed. Everything about him is a miracle to me. 18 weeks to go! We hope it flies by!

1 comment:

robyne said...

Shel,
Hey it really is incredible isn't it. I loved being pregnant and feel my baby move, its really funny when they get the hiccups too! Enjoy your time alone with John before the baby comes, later you will be glad you had some time together before kids
Love you!
Robyne