Monday, September 05, 2011

I took a break . . .

I have obviously taken a break from blogging for over a month now.  I had the best of intentions - but between being gone for 2 weeks visiting all my grandkids (and having a bazillion photos to sort through) and then starting a new job the day after I got home I got behind.  And even though the job is part time - I am struggling with keeping up with everything with 30 hours less a week to do it in.  I am sure I will figure it out - and we will put these last few weeks of fast food, expired milk, no blogging, etc. etc behind us.  I mentioned to my husband that my To Do list for today didn't look like much of a holiday.  So he suggested I chuck the To Do list for the day and we go do something I wanted to do.  EXCELLENT IDEA!!!


I love to explore and go see and try new things so we headed out this afternoon to go to this Public Market place I read about in Napa called Oxbow.  It was a lot like a smaller version of the Ferry Building Market in San Francisco.  I thought it would be more of a gourmet grocery shopping kind of a place but it was really a lot of cool little interesting eateries.  We had to hold back as best we could because I had planned for us to have dinner down the road at another place I read about.  It's called The Boon Fly Cafe -


and we went there mainly because I read about their Boon Fly Donuts with chocolate dipping sauce -
They were delicious - and I came home happy.  I still have plans to get the blog updated with all the end of the summer activities but for today this won the day.




1 comment:

Tiffany said...

you are an expert at researching and finding fun new food places! Looks like a place I need to try next time I'm home... :) Glad you enjoyed your holiday! :)