Monday, September 12, 2011

The Wisconsin Dells



After a few fun filled days in Chicago - Tiffany, Madden, Landon, & I headed to Wisconsin where we were meeting up with Summer and her kids for a few days of family fun in the Wisconsin Dells.  The Dells are famous back there - sort of like a kids version of Las Vegas or it reminds me of Myrtle Beach too.  Mini golf courses everywhere, more indoor waterparks than you have ever seen in your life and a whole bunch of weird cheesy other sites.  One thing that I really wanted to do there was ride on the Wisconsin Ducks.  So it's the first thing we did when we arrived and met up that afternoon.

 They go from land to water and back and forth showing you the interesting landscape there.  The same boats they used back in WWII.  It was a lot of fun!
 A great outing that had all ages happy . . .
Pretty much the rest of the week was spent at the Waterpark (mostly indoors because the morning we ventured outdoors it got too chilly for us.  Give me the heated pools and waterslides any day.

 In fact, we were so busy watersliding we hardly took any pictures there.  I have more photos of just simple cousin bonding time - Alex was so good to Madden . . .
 See . . .
 And here we have a serious bath tub bonding experience going on.

Of course all Hunt reunions involve food - didn't document that very well either (and nothing compares to the food in Chicago - but the kids were easy to please.



It was a great time for the cousins, sisters and brother and of course Grandma/Mom to spend all together.  The kids said some hilarious things.  If I wasn't writing this post 5 weeks later I could include quotes - but trust me, they had me laughing a lot.  It was a great trip!

1 comment:

Caroline Craven said...

Well, your summer was much more fun than mine! That sky deck photo just about make me sick. How on earth did you have the nerve to step out on that? I don't know if I could have ever done that!