Sunday, July 31, 2011

What's new with me?


So here's what July brought my way . . .

Aren't these girls awesome? They had a swim party at the Aikele's, followed by a slumber party at my house followed by an all day trip to San Francisco, then back to my house for a dinner and devotional to end our mini conference.

The more time I spend with them the more I love 'em!

It was a memorable and fun day for all.

The next week I was off to drive 4 boys to Rexburg for AFY. Then I headed to Michele's to hang out the next 4 days with these two . . .

Boston and Naomi made friends with a stray kitty, played in their new sandbox, rode bikes, snuggled, told stories, and made a trip to Toys R Us with Grandma.

Aren't they cute?

I hated to say goodbye . . .

but these boys (Landon, Kyle, Johnny, & Tanner C) were waiting for me in Rexburg. They said their week was AWESOME! and it was the best week of their life . . .



I was so glad - especially as I drove for 17 1/2 hours straight that day just to make it to Truckee at 1:30 am where we crashed for the night and headed home the next day. I LOVE these boys - so I'd do it all again, but I did determine that BYU-Idaho was located WAY the heck out there. I can think of a lot more convenient places to put a major LDS university - like ANYWHERE near an airport!!! Just saying :)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

great pics, Mom! Boston and and naomi are getting so big! Miss them! Maddens excited that your next adventure is bringing you out our way... :) can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

Bonnie said...

This looks like a fun trip, except for the 17 hour drive part. Gosh, we have both been gone so much this summer. Fun but I miss you! Let's make a lunch date at that cool Italian restaurant we went to that time, when we get back from all our travels so we can catch up.

Loved seeing you Sunday! Hugs, B