Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Dad's 80th Birthday Celebration

I have the best Dad ever,
and we just celebrated his 80th birthday.

Our family is geographically challenged - so there were 7 of us here


and letters, photos, videos, etc. from the 20 others in the family that couldn't be here -
my brother and his family in Florida
my brother and his family in England
my 3 daughters and their families across the country

We played a "How well do you know Grandpa" game - John and Tanner got pretty competitive - and we got to hear Dad tell us about some things that not too many people knew about. He's had an interesting life and seen a lot of changes in 80 years.

Time to sing Happy Birthday -( I did a candle for each decade)

Looks like my Dad will get his wish . . .

I certainly got mine - I couldn't have a better and more thoughtful and wonderful Dad. I have so many happy memories and he continues to be there to support me and my family in all that we do - whether it is tutor the kids in math (cause I hate math), help with an Eagle Project, design something that keeps me from hunching over the table when I scrapbook, or keep the political discussion at the dinner table interesting - my Dad can do it all.


I love you Dad. Happy 80th!!! You're the best.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Great post and great party! So glad we could be there to celebrate!!

Tiffany said...

Looks like your party was a hit, Mom! Happy Birthday to Grandpa! We wish we could have been there to celebrate and join in all the fun! :)

Caroline Craven said...

What a nice thing to do for you dad. It looks like you all had fun together - the story telling sounds like so much fun. Our parents have seen so much in their lifetimes and it makes me wonder what kinds of things we will be telling our grandchildren when we are 80 years old.