Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We spent Thanksgiving Day at my Mom's in Livermore this year - we all decided my Mom truly outdid herself - the food was incredible! My Mom is a fabulous cook - and she is always trying out new recipes (unlike me - I tend to stick with tried and true for big dinners). We decided she came up with some new - all time favorites. My parents insisted on doing all the meal - what a treat. Since John, Landon, and I had to get up at 3:30 in the morning to head out to the airport I was thankful I didn't have to worry about dishes or left- overs. My parents also invited a friend from their ward - and his two children. His son brought the letters hi dad wrote on Thanksgiving Day while he served in Europe during WWII in 1944 and 1945. He shared several stories and it was a wonderful afternoon.

I have so much to be thankful for - too much to list so I don't even want to start - but this weekend spending time with all the family was definitely the highlight.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a week you have had. Us too. It was wonderful to be with family. I see that Pino looks great in your mom's house. All the babies look so cute and congrats on getting all the SW points. We are doing the same! Yippee! heading for Italy way too soon...I have a billion things to do. Fun though! We'll so miss your party! Bummer!