Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Random happiness . . .

Are you all getting overwhelmed with my blog posts yet? Well - I'm almost done . . . I just had to share a few more random things that made me so happy this weekend:


things like watching how Alex eats a donut - it made me laugh every time (she ate quite a few) and the results were even funnier -

Seeing Avery a little chubbier and more alert than when I was there last month - and seeing that Summer was getting a little more sleep.Seeing John enjoying his "Grandpa time". Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I get to spend more time with the grandkids than he does - he loves it when he can be there too.
Seeing my daughters with their slings, boppies, and bumbos - stuff that they can't live without that I never even thought of when I had my babies - it makes me happy that they have stuff that makes motherhood just a little bit easier (or at least more convenient).


I do have to laugh at how much Noah hates my picture taking -most attempts at capturing him on film turn out like this . . .
I loved how every time I hear Alex or Noah say something funny - I would hear Landon's laugh right after - it was so sweet. He's so cute with all the grandkids and they all love him.


To sum it all up - we had a great long weekend and I had so many things that made me really happy - I'm thankful for all of them - big and small. Life is good!!!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes, I love all your posts, both thoughts and photos! I couldn't agree more with how fun it is to watch the goings-on in our children's lives and all the gadgets they have these days that do help so much. Still their job seems overwhelming and I wonder how I ever did it and marvel at them and their incredible energy.

I am so glad Avery is better and things in your life are making you happy because that makes me happy too!

Tiffany said...

Cute pictures, Mom! We had such a great weekend there! Im so glad our time overlapped with your guys' time there so that we could see you guys, since we won't be there with you all at Christmas. We will miss you guys! Love you! xoxo

Caroline Craven said...

I love all the pictures, it makes it easy for me to keep up with your family. I can't believe how fast it is growing, you have cute grandkids (you knew that already). I mostly only keep up with you, Bonnie and Lanette through the blogs, but I love when you guys post pics of your grandkids - so much fun to look forward to!

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

What fun to be had by all. It looks like it was a wonderful trip. I am so glad that you can get there to see your kids & grandbabies as often as you can. You can tell that they love having you guys there. I love the pics with Landon & the babies. You certainly have some beautiful grandchildren. Life is good! Thanks for sharing :)

Michele said...

so jealous i couldn't be there with everyone, but we will have enough fun at christmas to make up for it! i can't wait for you guys to see the kids. naomi has changed so much. see you in a few weeks!

Shelli Snyder said...

You really have some darling, DARLING grandbabies, Faye. And yes, Landon is an adorable kid too. :) I loved the pictures with him and his nieces and nephews.