Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm bracing myself -

I just looked at the weather forecast for Minnesota - and now I am having a small anxiety attack -

The forecast for Christmas Eve calls for weather (the real feel) at -1 as a high and -17 for the low. Yes that NEGATIVE 17!!! I have actually never experienced weather that cold.

Summer told me she sort of hoped we would have some REAL Minnesota weather while we were visiting so we could see what it is really like. Well her Christmas wish looks to come true as the descriptive words in the forecast for the 25th and 26th include words like FRIGID and BITTERLY COLD. Man - if accuweather is using those words all I can say is - OH MY GOSH! My thermals and coat might not cut it - you may need to just zip me into a snowmobile suit.

It will be an adventure!

3 comments:

Michele said...

WHAT? I'm not coming.

Summer said...

Oh yes you are - it's gonna be great : )

And mom, I really don't know what you're going to wear since you wear thermals in California...Good thing all you really have to do is get to and from the car.

Caroline Craven said...

Faye, you're going to freeze your butt off. I've heard Minnesota cold is way different than dry Utah and California cold. Good thing you really do only have to get to and from the car! Stay warm in the house and enjoy all the wonderfulness of Christmas with your family.