Wednesday, October 07, 2009

First Day -

Michele and John left for Florida at 6 am this morning. It was my first full day with the kids. All was going well - we had pancakes for breakfast, we played, we bought some new kids books to read, we had lunch, took naps. Naomi woke up first and I took LOTS of pictures (more about those later). We were reading . . .
playing with lots of toys and kicking the ball around. Then I sat down at the couch to give Naomi her bottle, Boston was playing right behind me. I heard him stumble (probably tripping on the above mentioned toys all over the floor). He cried and I put Naomi down and Boston was already standing up again but he was acting funny - like he was hurt but I couldn't even tell where for sure. I checked him and watched him - he was using both legs and both arms - but then a little later he went to crawl up onto the couch and he started to cry when he put weight on his arm - oh no!

After a phone call to his mom, dropping Naomi off to a neighbor, and a trip to the urgent care clinic we came home with his arm in a splint - he had a buckle fracture - (in about the exact same place as Landon's). The Dr. wants to wait until Monday to put him in a cast - just in case of any swelling. Boston is doing fine - Grandma is still feeling terrible about it all.
I am hoping Day 2 is less eventful. I certainly can't think of any one else I should have to take to get X-rays any time soon - this has been plenty for the past 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

So sorry to hear about yet another fracture! You must feel awful, but try not to beat yourself up too much. Life just hand us one even after another! Hang in there. He's cute with his little cast on.

Bonnie said...

Faye, no way! Honestly, that was so unfair! I am sorry! The rest of the time should be easier, hopefully. How long will you be there? Our grandkids have had a couple of those types of fractures. They can happen so easily when they are little...and big too come to think of it. Hang in there!

Hugs,

B♥nnie

Tiffany said...

So sorry Mom! :( At least this isn't the first time Boston has had this injury...so don't feel too bad about it! Hopefully the rest of your stay there goes smoothly ;) I'm sure it will!