Thursday, May 07, 2009

Introducing Madden Brimhall


My day started with a phone call from Tiffany that they were in the hospital and she was in labor. I checked the flight schedule and in order to catch the next flight I would have to be on my way to the airport in 15 - 20 min. I wasn't sure I would make it but I decided to go for it. I called a friend to drop me off at the airport curbside and I made the flight. I was so excited to get to Phoenix and to the hospital before the baby was born. I didn't think that was possible. Tiffany was progressing slowly, and when they would up the meds to increase the contractions, the baby's heartbeat would drop and they would turn off the meds. After nearly 12 hrs of labor - the baby gave us all quite a scare. His heart rate plummeted, 4 nurses were all over Tiffany changing her position, making adjustments to her drip, they called the Dr. and he raced to the hospital and the decision was made to take her in for an emergency C-section. It was stressful and scary - but the Dr. had this beautiful baby boy delivered a short 10 min after he got to the hospital. Mother and baby are doing great - and we are all grateful.Madden under the warming lamps - in the recovery room.

Here's the proud parents of Madden Randall Brimhall weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 20" long
Tiffany was just so happy that the baby was fine and enjoying motherhood.
Randy got to give Madden his first feeding while Mom got some rest.
Pictures don't do justice to how cute this little guy is. He has a cute round head, pouty lips, a beautiful complexion and lots of black hair. We're all so excited he's here. More pictures to
come :)


6 comments:

MARE + 3= CRAZY!!! said...

Please send my CONGRATS to both Tiffany & Randy. HE is a beautiful little boy. I am so glad you were able to make it. Man you had some little travel angels on your shoulders for sure. That's awesome. Please tell Tiff that only she can look that beautiful after 12 hours of labor & an emergency C-section WOWZERS! What a story. Your family is growing & it's so wonderful. So happy for you all! :)You have some very beautiful grand babies for sure. :)

CA Poppy said...

Congratulations!Tiffany is amazing!what a beautiful woman.Were so happy for your new addition.

D and C said...

CONGRATS guys!!! That is awesome. You guys sure do have some beautiful grand babies!!

Monica said...

Congratulations to you all!!

robyne said...

What a cutie, I am so glad you were able to be there with Tiffany! Have a great time in Phoenix and Happy Mother's Day to you and to Tiff!! Love you guys!!

Jennifer and Brad said...

Congrulations Tiff and Randy!!! He is adorable and we look forward to seeing more pictures.