Friday, July 04, 2008

NYC Trip


I decided I needed to dash to NYC to take care of some business - the thought of sitting alone in my hotel room at night were not very appealing so I asked Tiffany if she would join me. Luckily she had just finished up summer school and had a little break from work. So I was able to turn my business trip into a fun trip as well. We only had 21/2 days in the city - and the majority of that time I was doing business stuff - but we squeezed in a lot of fun stuff too. I have fallen in love with NYC. I wish I could move it on the map to where LA is - I'd be going there all the time! It is so diverse and interesting. This trip just wet my appetite to go back for more. We stayed right in Times Square - which luckily for me was right next to the garment district where I spent my days and we had the theaters and great restaurants all close by.

Most of my 2 days were filled with shopping for wholesale fabric sources, garment labels, sewing factories, pattern graders, etc. Very tedious and unglamorous. Tiffany did a little exploring on her own and I got to go join her late one afternoon to walk around the city somewhere besides the garment district. Here we are at Rockefeller Center.


We just had 2 nights there but we made the most of it and ate at two great restaurants and saw 2 shows. The first night was Cirque du Soleil - it was very cool.


This so beats sitting alone in my hotel room eating a snickers bar - which is what I would have been doing if I didn't have Tiffany with me to go out with. Our dessert was a chocolate mousse with marshmallows and blueberries. I've never had anything like it before. Incredible!


Tiffany and I went to see "Mary Poppins". The production was beyond all my expectations. It was the most elaborate set I've ever seen, the actors were fantastic, costumes amazing, and the whole thing was incredible. I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. It was awesome!


I have the unique ability to home on on any Parisian cafe anywhere. This one was wonderful. Check out Tiffany's morning hot cocoa.



I had taken a cab to NYC chinatown on Wed. and while we were stuck in traffic I asked the cabbie where we were. He said it was Soho. Wow - designer boutique heaven!!!! It was so cool - I told Tiff we had to go back - so with the whole whopping 2 hrs we had after my Wed. morning fit check before we had to head to the airport we went to Soho and window shopped. I'm definately going back for more.


It was so fun to spend time with Tiffany - we had a blast! I can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

CA Poppy said...

Your photos are terrific, it looks like you had awhirlwind yet fun trip. SoHo looks so clean and I loved their pink planter boxes. Glad you had a great time.

Michele said...

im so jealous. i really need to go next time.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for taking me with you, Mom!! It was such a great time! I love NYC too and I also wish it was closer...everytime we go I feel like I get more and more familiar and comfortable with everything there and it just makes me fall more in love with it... :) Thanks again for such a great time! :)