Friday, July 04, 2008

Blogging advice anyone?

So this was supposed to be the last picture on my previous post. I of course posted it first and posted my whole trip in reverse so it could be read in the order I wanted. Then when I was trying to reduce the big spaces between my captions and the photos this picture up and disappeared on me. Is there a way to "insert" a picture into your blog post? Would I really have had to start all over again to get it to read in sequence and be at the end where it belonged? This is not the first time this has happened to me - so is there a solution I don't know about? This never happens when I scrapbook :) I think blogging is great - I just need to become a little more savvy at it so that I don't get frustrated. I look forward to any and all advice. Thanks!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Faye, I would be happy to show you how to do this when I get back. Go to your edit page and click on the add an image icon on the editing tool bar. I like to have the photos I plan to use already saved to my desktop. Load it into the post and then drag it to the place you want it.
If you are going below a picture already on the post drag the picture you are moving to the right side of the photo you are jumping over and just below the top of that picture as well. If you just drag it unto the picture already in it won't go underneath it, slightly down and to the right does the trick. I can show you when I come home as my description is kind of lame...sorry!

If you back up too much when trying to eliminate spaces, you will delete your photo~the only fix is download it again. It happens a lot actually.

Michele said...

wow, im a lame blogger mom. looks like you should have called bonnie instead of me. if you figure this out let me know. i need this all the time.

Unknown said...

Bonnie is right on with her instructions, but you can also leave it in the compose mode, see your picture appear after you down load it and then left click and drag it to where you want it. Good luck!

Faye said...

Wow - thanks everyone. I knew there had to be an easier way.