Saturday, July 19, 2008

Boys Week - the aftermath

So Friday night I am out in the office uploading pictures and blogging about all the boys activities and patting myself on the back that we made it thru the week without any incidents - but WAIT . . . . I go into the cottage to check on the bachelor pad and find that Kyle has found a hairclipper kit in a cupboard there somewhere and has volunteered to let the boys cut his hair. Hair is everywhere and the boys all think this is quite hilarious. I think they just didn't know when to stop. Kyle ended up with a VERY short haircut. (these pictures are to document that he had a smile on his face at the time and was a willing participant - and he was the one that found the hair trimmer set)
So what do you do when your buddies have just given you a mairne buzz - why talk someone else into becoming the next victim of course -(notice Kyle and his buzz and now he's happy to jump into the barber crew and get to work on Landon).
At this point Kyle's hair is already gone and John and I have wanted Landon to shorten up his sufer hair for a while now so I figure this is a golden opportunity for us - and I stay to click pictures of their impromptu activity.

I've never seen boys have so much fun. Wish you could have seen how they were cutting their hair - it was so random it was hilarious. They pretty much had no clue what they were doing - but they were having fun doing it.

So I let them have their fun - boys will be boys right? I took one last picture of the boys in their bachelor pad messs and went to bed wondering when I lost control - or if I ever really had it.

These boys crack me up - what they think is funny - like hucking each others shoes into the creek, whip creaming each other at night, and shaving heads. Guess that's the good life for a 14 yr old boy. They definately made some memories together.

6 comments:

Michele said...

geez mom. what did you charge people to send their boys to you for the week? i hope you earned some cash so you can spend two weeks at a resort recuperating. landon has the life.

John said...

I agree Sheli, Landon has the life alright. And I'm married to super mom. While she was slumming with the boys I went golfing....13 year old boys have too much BO for me.

Michele said...

i believe it... and i think we will stay in the house when we visit. the cottage might still stink.

John said...

Yes, all the landscaping within a twenty foot radius of the cottage has died.....I think we'll just burn the place rather than clean it.

Tiffany said...

Wait a second, WE don't wanna stay in the cottage either!! Then again, maybe the stink has killed all the creatures and insects that have been living in the cottage and it may be the safest place to stay...Shel and John, have fun killing spiders all night sleeping upstairs in the house. ;)
I wanna see the "after" picture of Landon's new haircut! It's about time he cut that hair!

robyne said...

Wow Faye you are so brave to have all those boys for a week...I think someone should have paid you too. I need to call you soon we are going to NYC (also staying by Times Square) I need some ideas, and the girls want to know where to get the cupcakes!