Sunday, October 17, 2010

I love a view!

I LOVE a view . . . .

This was our view on Friday afternoon and Saturday. We went into San Francisco to celebrate our anniversary. John has a golf buddy that has offered for years to let him come stay at his condo in San Francisco since he flies home on the weekend.

This is the view from his place. AWESOME! I could have just stared out the window all weekend. We almost did. We relaxed, walked, talked, read and stared out at the bay a lot.
the morning fog . . .

I entertained the fantasy of retiring in a high rise in San Francisco.

Then I imagined living the gypsy life and living in a cool city for a year and then moving to the next cool city for the next year . . . I figure our kids and grandkids would come to visit us if we always lived somewhere cool. What do you think?

It was nice to have 24 hrs of total down time - no TV (even though there was one), lots of walking, talking, and being spoiled at a really great greek restaurant just across the street from where we stayed.

A very memorable 31st anniversary! Thanks John.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I super duper like the idea of you guys being gypsy retired grandparents. Cuz we would totally come visit you every year if you lived in really cool cities! I mean, we'd come visit you every year no matter where you guys live...but that would just be a perfect way for us to combine traveling to new places AND visiting you guys! do it!

Caroline Craven said...

SF is such a beautiful city. I miss seeing it. I thought at one time we would come out for Kent's birthday, but then I looked at our bank account, and that isn't going to happen. I love good greek food. Nicki took me to her favorite greek restaurant when I was out in NY and I loved it. I love your dessert. Baklava is the best, but served with such a cute personal message is even better. Congratulations to both of you on your 31st year!