Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lucky Me


A couple of weeks ago (I know I am way delayed on this post) my girlfriend Linda called me -
the cute one here on the left. She was in town and wanted to know if I could get away and meet her and her sister Shelly for dinner. Well I jumped at the chance and got out of my obligations for the evening. This is the first time in about 18 years (if I am remembering right) that the three of us have all been together again. Much too long!

19 years ago the three of us took a trip together. It was the trip of a lifetime - a whirlwind tour of Europe - my first time there. I can't believe it's been that long ago but all the wonderful memories are still there. As we talked about some of our fun experiences on that trip it was funny how it didn't seem like all that long ago. It made us all want to go and pull out some pictures from our adventure - so here are a few:

Here we are in Nice, France
This was a fabulous day in Bath, England . . .
----
Here we are in Rome . . .
and shopping in Florence, Italy.

It's great to have long time friends - even better that despite the time and distance we can still pick up right where we left off - and reminisce about the past and talk about the present.
Thanks for the reunion Linda - it was so much fun!

In case you didn't notice the "baby bump" in the first picture Shelly is having her 1st babies - twin girls. I am pretty certain this is going to get "Aunt Linda" out to California a lot more often in the next little while. I hope to see a lot more of both of them. I love them both -
Lucky me to have such great friends.

PS - Happy Birthday today Linda. You're still just as young and fun as ever.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Faye this is awesome. How fun to get together with old friends. I loved looking at the older pics, so cute! We have got to get our fun luncheon planned soon. We will be gone the latter part of July.

Michele said...

I didn't know you did this. I love Linda Hamblin. She is the sweetest. I'll never forget how she took such good care of me when I got home from Guatemala

Tiffany said...

How funny is it that you took this trip in 1991 (I think??) which would make me about 9 years old at the time, yet for some reason in every single one of these pictures I distinctly remember that outfit of yours from the early 90's?? Seriously! :)
I am jealous of that trip. It is my dream to make it to Europe someday...
Happy Birthday to Linda! And Congrats to Shelly on the babies on the way! Twin girls!? How fun!
(p.s. how is it that your guys' trip was 19 years ago, yet all 3 of you look like you haven't aged one year in comparison to the Europe pictures...?)

John said...

Tiff....your Mom doesnt age, shes hot.

Caroline Craven said...

How much fun that must have been. When I first saw the pictures I thought Linda was Kathy Baigent and the girl in the middle was an older sister of yours. Then I remembered you don't have any sisters. Must be the computer cuz you probably don't think they look much like who I said they look like. I didn't know Summer was out for your last trip out to Utah. What a great get-away!