Sunday, June 08, 2008

Snake Encounter

On Tuesday I had Kathy Sandoval over for lunch and to watch a movie. After the movie was over I wheeled her into the den to show her some pictures on our blog. We were in there for maybe 10 min. When I wheeled her back down the hall a black thing on the floor caught my eye - my first thought was Landon left his tie laying on the floor. Then it moved! It was a black snake slithering down the hallway. YIKES! I am so freaked out by snakes. I wasn't sure what to do. I certainly couldn't take Kathy back home and not know where the snake went. John was gone and Landon wasn't home yet from school. I wheeled Kathy into the living room and kept my eye on the snake making its way slowly down the hall. I opened the front door thinking as soon as Landon's carpool pulled up I would dash out to ask for volunteers to get the snake (in case Landon wasn't up for it). I saw John's truck in the driveway - but I knew he had met Barry at the house to go see a job so I thought he was in Barry's truck. I called John's cell and THANKFULLY he had just gotten home and was in the office. He came into the house with a golf club laughing - he got the snake outside. When I questioned how far away he was going to take him he said don't worry. A few minutes later Kathy and I heard hacking and chopping sounds. GROSS! Why am I the one that has all the snake encounters?!! But John was my hero - I am not sure I could have done what needed to be done. It's been about 17 years since my run in with the snake in the kitchen - hopefully it will be at least that long before I see one in the house again - if ever.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

WHAT!!?? Michele said you guys live in Jumanji! I am not so sure I want to come stay with you guys in a couple weeks...I don't wanna wake up to snakes in my bed!

Michele said...

what the hell mom? seriously, what - the - hell?