Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad


I hope you had a relaxing, meeting free, Father's Day.
Tiger even threw in a little excitement for you today.
We miss you and love you and think your the best dad and grandpa ever.
You are a great example to my family, and you have always led me in the right direction.
Thanks for all the good advice.
Thanks for not killing me when I was a teenager.
Thanks for accepting my husband even when you thought he was too old for me.
Thanks for coming to my high school on my 16th birthday to say "sorry".
Thanks for always pushing me to be better.
Thanks for being such a great dad.
I think you must be pretty good at it. You did raise 5 awesome kids.

5 comments:

John said...

Thanks for the nice comments Shel, any credit for "raising five awesome kids" will go to your mother.

After it's all said and done and the kids start to leave home, it's easy to look back and count all the mistakes you made. Obviously, parents get a lot of help along the way (from a much higher source)

I've had lots of titles in life, but none are more meaningful than "Dad" So thanks for helping me to remember some great times.

Summer said...

Dad - I can relate to looking back and noticing all your mistakes (I'm talking about mine). I remember being a bratty teenager and I wish I had been nicer, more obedient, and more appreciative of you and mom. My memories of you and mom are all good - ok, mostly good : ) I think all the time about different interactions we had that stand out to me now - I think about these things as I try to raise my own kids and try to teach them the gospel. So thanks for being the wonderful dad that you still are to me today. I wouldn't be "me" today without you. I love you

John said...

Thanks Summer

Tiffany said...

Yes, you did raise 5 pretty awesome kids...and one in particular that is REALLY awesome...me of course! Jk :)
Reading Shel's post brought back memories for me as well. I remember when you went to Shel's school on her birthday to say sorry. I also remember being in 4th grade at Westwood Elementary and you brought me a rose to school on my birthday and I carried it around proudly all day. Everyone kept asking me if it was from my boyfriend, and I told them it was from my Dad :)
I also remember countless talks, counsel, and priesthood blessings that you gave me that I know have led me to where I am today...I love you Dad! I can't wait to see you in a few days...

John said...

Thanks Tip-
Each one of you girls are my favorite.....see you in a couple days.