Friday, November 11, 2011

Grandchildren . . .

There's nothing quite like the joy of being a grandmother. Maybe this is why -

Grandchildren give us a second chance to do things better because they bring out the best in us. ~author unknown


 Usually I am the one with the camera - so I actually don't have too many pictures of me with my grandkids.  Michele was sweet enough to accommodate me while I was out visiting her right after Rowen was born.  These were taken when she was one week old.


Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson



The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren. ~Doug Larson


I have no idea who "Doug Larson" is - 
but he summed up what I feel in part about being a grandmother pretty well. 
 I think I have the most gorgeous, amazing, funny, delightful grandkids on the planet.
The month of December I will get to see every single one of my 7 grandkids - Grandma heaven!
It will take 3 different weekends and flights to 3 different states - but I can't wait!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Absolutely beautiful and priceless. Love these quotes too, so true!

Tiffany said...

I love these pictures, mom...
and I was also wondering when i read this post...who the hell is doug larson

Michele said...

love the pictures. my kids are lucky to have you for a grandma that is for sure.

nitin said...

I started to dive in to this topic all-around 2003, and got distressing experiences back then, squandering a lot of time for nothing. I stopped when I did not fully grasp much about it having myself buried inside other things. Now I am back again. Your blog post is a great motivation to me and I will probably let my granddad know about this.

Please visit http://clippingpathsource.com/ to know more about clipping path service.