Friday, July 16, 2010

Michele is in Ethiopia - I'm in Utah

Michele headed off early Wednesday morning for her trip to Ethiopia. I'm so excited to hear all about it. Here she is in D.C. with the other volunteers before they continued on their 24 hr long trip to Addis Ababa.


I came out on Sunday night to bring out all the toys Landon had collected for his Eagle project to ship off with Michele and other volunteers.



Naomi thought all the toy were great fun!
We sorted and packed and weighed and re-weighed until we had all the suitcases as full and as heavy as the airlines would allow.


I just want to thank everyone for all their help. We certainly could never have done this alone. Thanks for the toy drop offs, the cash donations (I had a lot of fun shopping for this project), and all the time the scouts and young women donated to pick up, sort, count, pack, and weigh at home. We ended up with over 2900 items.

The girls were so excited as they re-packed to think about being able to give these to the orphans they would see in just a few days. I am sure pictures will be coming soon but just wanted to tell everyone thanks so much. Michele got super excited about the trip - I guess seeing all these toys made what they were going to do seem real.

Thanks so much everyone !!!

1 comment:

Caroline Craven said...

That looked like a lot of packing and repacking - it would have given me a major headache. I hope she enjoys her trip.