Saturday, September 30, 2006

My Class




The kids in my class this year are always saying the funniest things and everyone always tells me I need to post them on the blog, and then I always forget. So here is one from yesterday. This girl in my class, Arleigh is always saying the funniest most random things and she cracks me up! So yesterday I was reading the class a story and at the very end I read "and then they lived happily ever after" and then Arleigh blurts out "And then they DIED and got buried in a graveyard!" : )

Another one from yesterday: the kindergarteners are constantly complementing you, like "Ms Hunt I like your skirt" "Ms Hunt I like your hair". And then it becomes this contest like who can give me the best complement. So yesterday I was walking the kids to lunch and I had a Dr Pepper in my hands and the kids start up "Ms Hunt I like your earrings" "Ms Hunt I like your necklace" and then this little boy goes "Ms Hunt I like your Dr. Pepper." lol

And heres one more: This ones from Rey, my little one who ran away on the first day of school. He's bilingual but he's really slow and very different and he is always intermixing english and spanish when he talks. I have this other boy Omar who speaks no English at all so sometimes I have Aldo (another bilingual student) translate for me when I need to ask Omar something. Every morning when we sit in our community circle, I ask the kids a question and they get to go around the circle and all answer the question. So the other day I asked what is your favorite thing to do at school. And when it got to Omar he just gave me this blank look so I asked Aldo if he could translate. But he got all nervous and said he didn't know how to ask him in spanish what he liked to do at school. So I was just gonna move on and then Rey goes "Ms Hunt! I know spanish" So I thought, this will be interesting...I said "Ok Rey, can you ask Omar what he likes to do." And Rey looks at Omar and goes "Hey Omar. What you like to do?" in perfect english. Lol. I couldnt even hold it in I just started cracking up and Rey stared at me like what? and I just smiled and said "thanks rey!"

Here's a couple pictures of Arleigh and Rey. They are definitely two of my favorites : )

No comments: